Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thought I'd Share This Odd Dream With You...

I'm not sure exactly where the dream began, but I know that I was ill and came to the Tutoring Center to be sure that someone had covered my shift for me. Sarah was at a computer but didn't know I needed the shift covered. When I mentioned it, she said, "I'd be happy for those hours," and I replied, "They're still available if you want them." She agreed.

My mind was put at ease at least for that. In the library, there was some construction going on. They were re-doing the break room and back office area. I told Allan that I wouldn't be at work this evening.

Next thing I know, I'm back in the Tutoring Center, still hanging around even though I wasn't supposed to be working. Leona was there, too, and she was going to help Sarah cover my shift.

Suddenly I'm driving on Liberty Hill, and I see a desolate old building nearly overgrown with weeds, and the architectural style looked just like Bennett Hall, except that it wasn't as wide as Bennett Hall. I tried to read the carving above the door, but I couldn't make out the words; I made a point to ask Allan if OU-C used to be in a different location.

Then I'm back in the Tutoring Center. There are some students there being very loud. Substitute teacher mode kicked in, and I scolded them all for being too noisy when we're supposed to make it "an environment condusive to learning." They quieted down, but then got loud again. I got loud again, too ^_^ Second time's the charm, apparently.

Then one of the construction workers from the library came over and asked if we wanted a television installed. Some people heartily agreed; a few other tutors and I said no, that it would be too distracting.

Finally I went home. Sitting in my car in the driveway, I felt something under my right arm. At first it looked like a piece of lint, but when I pulled it out, it was a dead goldfish--all decayed and skeletal. I shuddered and threw it to the ground... then I noticed its gills were still moving faintly. I thought, "There's no way that thing can still be alive... nothing like that should be alive." I was trying to work up the courage to finish it off when it began to rain. The water re-hydrated the fish, and it soon swelled into a plump, healthy-looking fish. I began looking for a bucket so that I could put it back in some water.

----------

At that point I woke up.

Oddness, though... I just found my betta dead upon waking. Spooooooky! (Don't worry, it wasn't under my arm!)

1 comment:

Deb Nickles said...

Spooky! Where's Freud when you need him? Scratch that, who needs Freud--part of that sounds like anxiety about missing work and poor dear tetras who did survive the WC!