Friday, May 29, 2009

Of Whining and Websites

I was able to work all but 1 hour of my shifts this week in the library and in the Tutoring Center. Feels good to be back, but I don't have all my strength back yet. I seem to get tired SO easily! (That's why I am minus one hour in the library--I begged Allan to let me go home a little early on Thursday because I was so tired I was goofy.)

Several times in the past week I have slept well over 12 hours. Last night I slept 13, and though I woke up feeling energized at last, it waned before too long.

I guess I'd forgotten how much being moderately ill really takes it out of you. It's been awhile since I've been really ill, and stupid me tried to fight it off on my own--hence the slow recovery, I'm sure.

Thankfully the antibiotics have been doing their job. I'm feeling MUCH better, and the cough is gone. Once I get my strength back up, I'll be good as new.


Now, to stop whining about myself, I thought I'd share a nifty-cool website with you all. This may be of interest to those of you who are bibliophiles. The website is called LibraryThing, and its address is simple: www.librarything.com. Basically, it is a virtual bookshelf. It doesn't store ebooks or anything like that, but it lets you keep track of books you have read, are reading, or want to read. You can write reviews and read the review of others. You can add friends and comment on other people's profile pages, add your own tags to your books, and more!

Basically, if you love books and have an obsessive-compulsive complex with organization, this website is PERFECT for you!

2 comments:

Deb Nickles said...

Awesome website--I wonder if I could pay one of my kids this summer to enter my titles . . .?? :-)

Brandi said...

Probably! :D